How to Apply
Please refer to our page Purposes and Policy in which we describe the criteria whereby we appoint writers and also composers and artists working on a small scale.
We consider applications twice a year: 1st December and 1st June. Most residencies are for one or two months, not less than two weeks or more than three months and an individual may return up to three times. Most residencies are for single occupancy but we have hosted some couples and pets are welcome.
Application can be made by e-mail or paper data by post but, either way, to include-
• a brief account of the project on which the applicant intends to work during a residency-
• a recent Curriculum Vitae-
• two referees, one of whom should be an agent/ publisher/ promoter-
• why you are applying/ what are your particular (or any special) needs-
• preferred length of residency and dates-
We have formerly given personal bursaries but this depends upon funding achieved which is currently less reliable than formerly. Church Cottage costs are fully covered, occupancy is free but further help depends upon our financial circumstances.
Send your e-mail application to- firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your postal application to- HHT Office, 33, The Square, Clifford Chambers, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 8HT
Final note We are a tiny organisation staffed by volunteers. Please do not apply if you do not fulfil our criteria and do not send books or manuscripts, or ask us to find you an agent or publisher.